TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please review the following carefully. Your reservation confirms that you have read, understood fully and agreed to that is listed in the conditions and limits on responsibility:
- Prices are indicated in Canadian dollars per person based on twin room sharing occupancy, with minimum 2 persons travelling together, unless otherwise specified.
- Prices are valid at time of printing of this brochure as of Mar 2017 and are subject to change without prior notice. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. reserves the right to adjust the fee before the start-off date when it finds necessary as the fuel cost and foreign exchange rate fluctuate.
- Airfares are quoted based on the lowest class of service and are subject to class availability, ticketing rules, and conditions imposed by the airlines.
- If there is an increase in price of any of our tour products by more than 7% except for increase from government taxes, the travelers is entitled to cancel the trip with full refund.
- Some tour programs may require minimum number of customers to participate and / or may have blackout dates period applied. Please check with Tai Pan Tours Ltd. and its representing agents for the exact tour price at time of booking.
- Tour prices are not guaranteed unless full payment is received.
RESERVATIONS AND DEPOSITS
- A non-refundable deposit of CA$300 per person is required at time of booking. Additional deposits may require covering air reservation. Some suppliers such as hotels may require higher deposit amount or advance payment during high season. These additional charges will be advised at time of booking.
- Forms of payment: Certified cheques, Visa/Master Card, money order and cash are acceptable
- At time of booking, customers are required to submit the necessary travel documents. All travel documents must be valid at least 6 months beyond the date of entry into the first country to be visited.
- If travel insurance is needed, it must be purchased together with the deposit.
- If reservation is made 60 days or less prior to departure date: full payment including taxes is required.
- Balance of payment required 60 days prior to departure.
- If the final payment has not been received within the required period, the reservation will be automatically cancelled without right of recovery for the customer and applicable cancellation fee including deposit will be levied.
WHAT THE PRICES COVER
- Services reserved as described in the pages of this brochure.
- Unless otherwise specified in the itinerary, standard room category accommodation in accordance to same or similar class hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Air-conditioned coach and other transportation means listed in the itinerary.
- Train and/ or cruise tickets, where applicable.
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Tours conducted by English speaking local guide, unless otherwise specified.
- Admissions fees as mentioned.
WHAT THE PRICES DO NOT COVER
- All kinds of travel insurance such as medical/emergency insurance, trip cancellation insurance, and out-of-province health insurance.
- Travel documents are to be obtained by the customers at their own expense including valid passport, permanent resident card, entry visa, and certificate of injection.
- Gratuities for the driver(s), local guide and group leader.
- Extra programs not listed in itinerary.
- Optional programs and meals.
- Some admission fees as applicable.
- Airport taxes, fuel surcharges, local government arrival and departure taxes, airport improvement fees and other various levies.
- Personal expenses including laundry, telecommunications, data port charges, meals and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages) unless otherwise specified as part of a vacation package, etc.
- Local taxes as applicable.
- Baggage handling, shipping and excess baggage charges.
CHARGES FOR CHANGESOnce the booking is confirmed by Tai Pan Tours Ltd., it is not transferable and subject to cancellation charges. Any changes to the reservation will be considered as a cancellation regardless of cause. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. will require from the customer written notice of any changes to the reservation or cancellation request. The customer may submit written notice either by fax, or email. The cancellation fees will be fully calculated based on the date the written notice received by Tai Pan Tours Ltd. The actual departure date or first service commencing date will be excluded when calculating applicable cancellation fees.
- Land Service:
- 60 days or more prior to commencement of services: No refund of CA$300 deposit.
- 59-31 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total tour cost per person.
- 30-22 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total tour cost per person.
- 21-15 days prior to commencement of services: 75% of the total cost per person.
- 14 days less prior to commencement of services including no show: 100% of the total cost per person.
- Air Ticket
International air tickets are subject to the rules & regulations of airlines, please consult with Tai Pan Tours Ltd. and your agents prior to reservation.
Some air tickets are 100% non-refundable once tickets are issued and the cancellation fees are different from the land services. Tai Pan Tours is not responsible for any changes/ cancellation penalties imposed by the airlines.
Changes and Schedule Check: Customers are responsible to verify the flight schedule with the airlines or a Tai Pan Tours Ltd.’s representative during the 24-hour period immediately prior to departure and return date. Customers having purchased air only must reconfirm return flight within 24 to 72 hours prior to scheduled take-off time. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. will notify customers reasonably in advance for any changes in flight schedule, or cancellation of a flight. Customers are responsible to allow sufficient time when booking connecting flights since flight schedules are not guaranteed, and may be affected by various circumstances.
- Hotel Accommodation
Room allocation is the responsibility of the hotels based on the category reserved by the customers. Any changes by the customers to alter room category is subject to availability, and the customers will assume the price differences and any additional fees payable within the required payment terms of Tai Pan Tours Ltd.
- Unused Travel Services
All unused portions of travel services after the departure date are not transferable, and not subject to refund at any time.
- Travel Documents
All travel documents must be returned to Tai Pan Tours Ltd. before any refund can be processed.
Tai Pan Tours Ltd. strongly recommends all customers to purchase adequate travel insurance. Please inquire for information and details about insurance plans most suited to your needs, and the cost of such plans. If Tai Pan Tours Ltds and its representing agents do not receive payment of the travel insurance premium at time of the final payment, it will be treated as customers have declined the insurance offer and its coverage.
HOTEL AND OTHER TRAVEL SERVICES
Tai Pan Tours Ltd. has prepared descriptions of hotels and other travel services to the best of knowledge based on the information given by services providers. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. will not be responsible for any errors, omissions or changes affecting the validity of the information. If for any reasons beyond Tai Pan Tours Ltd.’s control, the travel services described in this brochure are not available, Tai Pan Tours Ltd. reserves the right to substitute them for comparable alternate hotels and travel services of similar or superior quality. The liability of Tai Pan Tours Ltd. shall be limited to the reimbursement of the price of such hotels or travel services paid by the customers in the event the customers refused such substitutions.
All baggage loss or damage must be reported to the services providers. In the event of loss of theft, damage or delay of the baggage and personal belongings, Tai Pan Tours Ltd. shall not be liable in any manner for any claims or complaints whatsoever and the decision for any claims or complaints will be made by the respective services providers. Passengers shall assume own risk in baggage and property transportation, storage and handling. Airlines have rules and regulations concerning baggage weight, size, and number. Please inquire as to restrictions. Do not pack travel documents, cash, any valuable or fragile articles in suitcases.
Tai Pan Tours Ltd. strongly recommends that physicians are consulted prior to departure
about preventive medical measures to be taken with regards to the countries to be
visited. Customers must ensure that any required medication or prescription drugs
are in sufficient quantity will be carried throughout the journey.
Please inquire for details relating the airlines’ policies as to medical certificate requirement for pregnant passengers. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. and the airlines must be advised of any special care, assistance, attention, treatment, and special needs required by the customers at the time of booking in writing in order to make best efforts in accommodation of such needs. Passengers in need of such assistances are advised to be accompanied by a qualified companion. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. will not be responsible for any denials by carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers.
VISAS AND PASSPORTSIt is imperative for you to travel with proper travel documents, such as a Canadian passport with at least six months validity after your returning date and applicable entry visas. All passengers must verify with the proper authorities. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. does not take any responsibility on visa applications.
Tai Pan Tours Ltd. makes the arrangement with services providers to provide travel services purchased by the customers. All the travel services are subject to the conditions imposed by these suppliers. Their liabilities may in turn be limited by their tariffs, conditions of carriage or international conventions. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. only acts in the capacity of an agent in obtaining the travel services for customers, and does not have control over the services providers. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. shall not be responsible or liable for the act or omission, or fault or negligence or default of any other party or that of their employees, and any loss or damages suffered thereof. Tai Pan Tours Ltd. shall not be liable for any claims for loss or damage resulting from any delay, cancellation, loss of personal belongings, bodily injury, illness, death, loss of enjoyment, either mental or physical, resulting from any of the following:
- failure in the performance of obligations due to force majeure or act of god or third party wrongdoing.
- any unlawful act against public order or authority such as terrorism, riot, war, revolution.
- any adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, epidemics, public health emergencies.
- any accident caused by failure of an equipment used in connection therewith, shortage or inability to provide services, loss or jacking of an aircraft.
- any industrial or labour disturbances such as strike, lock-out involving employees of Tai Pan Tours Ltd. or the services providers.
- any governmental or legal restraint upon conduct of operations hereunder.
- any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Tai Pan Tours Ltd.
Tai Pan Tours Ltd. shall not be liable for the customer’s failure to follow instructions including but not limited to airport regulations, baggage handling, check in and check out time of the hotels, and the consequences or unpleasant occurrences that may result.
Tai Pan Tours Ltd. shall not be liable for quality and safety of the travel services delivered by its services providers, or activities the customers participate in and are not part of the tour package and Tai Pan Tours Ltd. has no control over. The customers are deemed to have entered into contract with third parties operators. No one other than the authorized representatives from Tai Pan Tours Ltd. may, by document in writing, change or waive any term or condition in this brochure, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.
All claims must be made in writing and accompanied by receipts, reports and other documents pertaining to the claim and must be received by Tai Pan Tours Ltd. for investigation no later than 14 days after your return from your trip.
Any claim made by or against Tai Pan Tours Ltd. shall be governed by the laws of the province of Canada where the particular office of Tai Pan Tours Ltd. has contracted with the customer. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of such province.