Korea Heritage & Temple Tour
Tour Code: MKRSS11
- SCHEDULED MONDAY
- 11 Days
- Visit National Museum of Korea
- See (UNESCO) Chengdeok Palace and Secret Garden
- Enjoy panoramic view of Seoul from Namsan Tower
- Korean Folk Village back to life style of 18th-19th century
- Seeing the tallest Buddha Statue in Korea at Beopjusa Temple
- Visit (UNSECO) Gyeongju, as known as “Museum without walls”
- Cheomseongdae Astronomic Observatory, the oldest existing Observatory in Asia.
- Bulguksa Temple (UNESCO)
- Visit Seokguram Grotto at Gyeongju
- Board on the Busan Tower on Mt Yongdusan
- Get the feel of Jagalchi Fishery Market
- Shopping at Nampodong Street
- Visit Haeinsa temple and see the cultural treasure called Tripikata Koreana, carved onto 81,258 wooden printing blocks in the 13th century.
- Proceed to Andong, a best-preserved village with its traditional style noble houses.
- Experience 1 night unique Temple stay
- Witness the DMZ Zone
- Take cable car ride to Gwongeumseong Fortress and visit Sinheungsa Temple
|TOUR CODE: MKRSS11|
|Scheduled Monday Departure|
|Price CAD$ Per Person *|
|2016||Twin Share||Single Supplement|
| Apr 4, 18, May 9, 23, Jun 6, 20
Jul 4, 18, Aug 8, 22, Sep 5, 19,
Oct 10, 24, Nov 7, 21, Dec 5, 19
- Scheduled join-in transfer from Seoul Incheon airport to hotel, hotel accommodations, seat-in-coach tours, daily breakfast, private car transfer from hotel to Seoul Incheon airport on departure date.
- International airfare to/from Korea, taxes, seasonal/fuel surcharges, tipping, meals not mentioned, personal expenditures, baggage handling and shipping, optional tours, and drinks.
Day 1 Arrive Seoul
Meet and greet at Incheon Airport. Transfer by shared vehicle to hotel for check-in. Balance of day is at leisure. Overnight at 4★Summit Dongdaemun Hotel or similar (2 Nights).
Day 2 Seoul B
Half-day Seoul tour including National Museum, built in 2005 and with its rich collection of Korean arts and relics. Next visit at Changdeok Palace & Huwon (Secret Garden), UNESCO designated World Heritage. Last, get on to the Seoul Tower on Mt. Namsan for a bird’s eye view of Metropolitan city of Seoul.
Day 3 Seoul Daegu B
Visit to Korean Folk Village, where you will be amazed by the setting in the old traditional style houses and life style of 18th-19th century. Proceed to Beopjusa Temple inside the scenic Songnisan National Park and Korea’s tallest Buddha Statue. Overnight at 4.5★Daegu Grand Hotel or similar (1 Night).
Day 4 Daegu Gyeongju B
Transfer to Gyeongju, known as the “Museum without walls” as there are 52 designated sites within this city. In Gyeongju, visit Cheomseongdae Astronomic Observatory, one of the oldest existing Observatory in Asia. Then, visit Royal Tumuli Park with its Royal tombs. Last visit is at Bulguksa Temple (UNESCO). Overnight at 5★Commodore Hotel or similar (2 Nights).
Day 5 Gyeongju B
Start your full day tour of Gyeongju by visiting Seokguram Grotto, established in the 8th century on the slopes of Mt. Toham and one of the stone temple of Korea. The grotto contains a monumental statue of a sitting Buddha looking out to sea and it is considered a masterpiece of Buddhist art in the Far East. Four-face Buddha, Gwaeneung Royal Tomb and Scenic drive tour to Guryongpo Port. Drive along the beautiful coastal line back to Gyeongju.
Day 6 Gyeongju Busan B
Visit Unmoonsa Temple before heading to Busan. Upon arrival, visit Busan Tower on Mt Yongdusan with its observation deck offering stunning views of the city and beyond, scroll around Jagalchi Fishery Market and Nampodong Street. Overnight at 3★Busan Tower Hill Hotel or similar (1 Night).
Day 7 Busan Chungju B
Transfer to Mt Gayasan National Park and visit Haeinsa Temple. Haeinsa Temple has a world famous Korean cultural treasure called Tripikata Koreana, which was made during the Goryo Dynasty to protect the country from the invasion of Mongolian troops by Buddha’s power. UNESCO as World Cultural Heritage designated this Tripitaka Koreana. Proceed to Andong, a best-preserved village with its traditional style noble houses. Hahoe Village in Andong is famous for its own mask dance. After a visit to Hahoe Village, proceed to Chungju Lake. Overnight at 4★Benikea Hotel or similar (1 Night).
Day 8 Chungju Lake Seoraksan National Park B
This morning, take a boat ride on Cheongpoong Lake. (Weather permitting). Then transfer to Seoraksan National Park via Gangneung. Enroute visit Chamsori Gramophone & Audio Museum. After tour, proceed to Samhwasa Temple or Woljeongsa Temple to experience unique temple stay. (Note: During temple stay, shower room and toilet are shared facilities.)
Day 9 Seoraksan National Park DMZ B
Wake up at 3 am for Morning Worship (Optional). After breakfast, transfer to DMZ Unification Observatory at demarcation line at East Coast for a close view of North Korea. Return to Mt. Seorak National Park for cable car ride to Gwongeumseong Fortress and visit Sinheungsa Temple. Overnight at 4.5★Kensington Star Hotel (1 Night).
Day 10 Seoraksan National Park Seoul B
Visit the Garden of Morning Calm Flower and Tree Park (Will replace garden visit to Yangpyeong Filming Studio during winter season.) After tour return to Seoul. Overnight at 4★Summit Dongdaemun Hotel or similar (1 Night).
Day 11 Depart Seoul B
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer by private car to airport for your onward flight.