Korea Heritage & Temple Tour
- CAD $3,100
- SCHEDULED MONDAY
- 11 Days
- Visit National Museum of Korea
- See (UNESCO) Chengdeok Palace and Secret Garden
- Enjoy panoramic view of Seoul from Namsan Tower
- Korean Folk Village back to life style of 18th-19th century
- Seeing the tallest Buddha Statue in Korea at Beopjusa Temple
- Visit (UNSECO) Gyeongju, as known as “Museum without walls”
- Cheomseongdae Astronomic Observatory, the oldest existing Observatory in Asia.
- Bulguksa Temple (UNESCO)
- Visit Seokguram Grotto at Gyeongju
- Board on the Busan Tower on Mt Yongdusan
- Get the feel of Jagalchi Fishery Market
- Shopping at Nampodong Street
- Visit Haeinsa temple and see the cultural treasure called Tripikata Koreana, carved onto 81,258 wooden printing blocks in the 13th century.
- Proceed to Andong, a best-preserved village with its traditional style noble houses.
- Experience 1 night unique Temple stay
- Witness the DMZ Zone
- Take cable car ride to Gwongeumseong Fortress and visit Sinheungsa Temple
Prices & Dates
|TOUR CODE: MKRSS11|
|Price CAD$ Per Person *|
|2017||Twin Share||Single Supplement|
| Apr 10, 24, May 08, 22, Jun 05, 19,
Jul 03, 17, Aug 14, 28, Sep 11, 25,
Oct 09, 23, Nov 06, 20, Dec 04, 11
- Scheduled join-in transfer from Seoul Incheon airport to hotel, hotel accommodations, seat-in-coach tours, daily breakfast, private car transfer from hotel to Seoul Incheon airport on departure date.
- International airfare to/from Korea, taxes, seasonal/fuel surcharges, tipping, meals not mentioned, personal expenditures, baggage handling and shipping, optional tours, and drinks.
D1 Arrive Seoul
Arrive SeoulMeet and greet at Incheon International Airport. Transfer by shared vehicle to hotel for check-in. Balance of day is at leisure. Overnight at 4★Aventree Jongno Hotel or similar (2 Nights).
Start a half-day Seoul tour by visiting National Museum of Korea, built in 2005 and with its rich collection of Korean arts and relics. Next visit at Changdeok Palace & Huwon (Secret Garden), UNESCO designated World Heritage. Get on to the Seoul Tower on Mt. Namsan for a bird’s eye view of Metropolitan city of Seoul. And finish up tour after visiting at Gwangjang Market.
D3 Seoul Daegu
This morning, you will visit to Korean Folk Village which is located outside of Seoul, where you find the old traditional style houses and life style of 18th-19th century. Proceed to Beopjusa Temple inside the scenic Songnisan National Park where you find the tallest Buddha Statue in Korea. Overnight at 4★Daegu Grand Hotel or similar (1 Night).
D4 Daegu Gyeongju
After breakfast, visit Daegu Yangnyeongsi Museum of Oriental Medicine. You may try taking herbal medicated foot bath. Continue your visit to the Seomun Market of which this was one of the main markets during the Joseon Dynasty. Depart for Gyeongju, known as the “Museum without walls,” as there are 52 designated sites within this city. Upon arrival, first visit Cheomseongdae Astronomic Observatory, one of the oldest existing Observatory in Asia. Then, visit Royal Tumuli Park with its Royal tombs. You will have the chance to enter one of the excavated tombs to see the construction and process behind the Royal Kings burial chambers. Overnight at 4★Commodore Hotel or similar (2 Nights).
After breakfast, start your full day tour of Gyeongju by visiting Bulguksa Temple (UNESCO) and than Seokguram Grotto, established in the 8th century on the slopes of Mt. Toham and one of the stone temple of Korea. The grotto contains a monumental statue of a sitting Buddha looking out to sea and it is considered a masterpiece of Buddhist art in the Far East. Four-face Buddha, Gwaeneung Royal Tomb and Scenic drive tour to Guryongpo Port. Drive along the beautiful coastal line back to Gyeongju.
D6 Gyeongju Busan
After breakfast, check out and transfer to Unmoonsa Temple (Buddhist Nun's temple). Proceed to Busan, the second largest city of South Korea. Upon arrival, start half-day Busan tour to Busan Tower on Mt Yongdusan with its observation deck offering stunning views of the city and beyond, Jagalchi Fishery Market where roadside vendors sell various fishes and Nampodong Street. Overnight at local 3★Busan Tower Hill Hotel or similar (1 Night).
D7 Busan Chungju
Transfer to Mt Gayasan National Park and visit Haeinsa Temple. Haeinsa Temple has a world famous Korean cultural treasure called Tripikata Koreana (UNESCO), which was made during the Goryo Dynasty to protect the country from the invasion of Mongolian troops by Buddha’s power. Proceed to Andong, a best-preserved village with its traditional style noble houses. Hahoe Village in Andong is famous for its own mask dance. Overnight at 4★Benikea Hotel Cheong Pung or similar (1 Night).
D8 Chungju Lake Woljeongsa Temple
This morning, take a boat ride on Cheongpoong Lake. (Weather permitting). Then proceed to Woljeongsa Temple which is located on Odaesan Mountain in Jinbu-myeon, Pyeongchang- gun, Gangwon-do. It offers temple stay programs for experiencing Buddhist culture, from changing to temple uniform to attending evening bell beating chanting mass. (Note: During temple stay, shower room and toilet are shared facilities).
D9 Gangneung Mt. Seorak National Park
Wake up at 3 am for Morning Worship (Optional). After breakfast, say goodbye to the temple master and transfer to Pine City Gangneung and visit Chamsori Gramophone & Audio Musuem with collection of 19th Century gramophones and 1st generation audio systems. Continue your journey to Mt. Seorak National Park and take a cable car ride to Gwongeumseong Fortress and visit Sinheungsa Temple. After tour, enjoy some free time hiking at the National park where your hotel is located nearby. Overnight at 4★Kensington Star Hotel (1 Night).
D10 Mt. Seorak National Park DMZ Yanggu Seoul
Depart for Yanggu and visit the War Memorial Museum followed by visiting the 4th infiltration tunnel dug by the North Korea Army, discovered in 1990. Eulji Observatory where located approximately 1km south of the military demarcation line and Punch Bow Village. Last, visit the Garden of Morning Calm Flower and Tree Park. (Garden visit will be replaced during winter season.) before returning to Seoul. Overnight at 4★Aventree Jongno Hotel or similar (1 Night).
D11 Depart Seoul
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer by private car to airport for your onward flight.
Also Interested In
- Enchanting Korea
- Highlights of Busan,Gyeongju, and Pyeongchang
- Jeju Island Discovery
- Korail Pass
- Korea Beauty Privilege
- Seoul City Stopover
- The Tales of Four Cities
- Best of China
- Best of China with Chengdu and Hong Kong
- Best of China with Guilin
- Dynamic Japan
- Fushimi Inari Shrine with Sake Tasting Tour in Kyoto
- Japan Rail Pass
- Japanese Tea Ceremony Experience in Tokyo